Skip to main content

I have an existing org chart mapped out in Lucid - now I want to add some of the shapes to a new layer and create a button. But when I click on the shape to "move to layer" it is greyed out - what could be causing this?

Hey Odette

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! Would you care to share a screenshot of your the issue you are seeing so I can take a closer look? 

Thank you for your help and patience! 

I imported an org chart and need to move some individuals to another layer to show future state but the option to move to a layer is not available - not sure what is causing this?  Is it because it is based on a data import?  Is it because it is an org chart and not a diagram?

Hi Odette 

Thank you for the reply! To clarify -- are you using the Org Chart shapes to create your Org Chart or are you using shapes that you have created and connecting lines for a more customized look? If you are using our Org Chart shapes you can click once on the Org Chart and then right-click to see the "Move to Layer" functionality. If you are attempting this while in the Org Chart Group View you will not have this functionality available to you. Here is what this should look like on your end: 

Hope this helps -- please let me know if you have any other questions! 

Ok so I can only make the entire org chart a layer then recreate another version entirely with the one or two additional people?  Is that right?  I cannot just add those two individuals to a layer to "appear"?

Also someone said they were able to take individuals into boxes and then it allowed them to view who was "in this box" for example indicating who should be promoted or transferred for example?  Is that also layers? The button thing?  I could not find any help articles on this functionality?

Hey Odette 

Thank you for the reply! You can copy and paste any particular section or individual from within your Org Chart. This will allow you to break that section away and add it to a different layer. 

As for your secondary question I'm not sure I'm understanding -- you can view data about each employee in the right contextual panel of your Org Chart. You can also select which attributes of each employee you would like to display within this panel under the Layout tab.  

Hope this helps!

Ok - this is not very clear - are there any advanced videos on this ?  I am trying to move an individual to a layer and it is greyed out

For the second one someone managed to drag and drop individuals into "boxes" and they could then click on that box to view everyone in it.   I am not able to find this function

Hey Odette

Thank you for the reply -- here is a short gif showing how to copy an individual from an Org Chart paste them and move them to a different layer. 

As for your second question I am still not totally sure what it is your referring to. Would you be able to provide a screenshot so I can take a look. Also here is the Org Chart article from the Lucid Help Center that might help us out. 

Hope this helps!