Skip to main content
Question

Layers and pages in a Lucid multi-page network

• 30 August 2018
  • 1 reply

Both layers and pages provide flexibility but when building multi-page network diagrams layers rule. How can I do both? We print on 11x17 paper can I just make my page size 11 x 17 x <num_pages>? How will it print? We send our diagrams off to a printer so I can't test it in-house?

Hi Jeff! Thanks for reaching out in the community. The way the document will print depends on how you are creating more "pages". If you make the size of your canvas 11x17 and then extend further beyond that another 11x17 page tile will be added to your canvas. But you can also create more "pages" by adding a page tab by clicking the plus button at the bottom of the page.

Either way when you go to print the documents the diagrams will be printed as they are shown on the canvas. So if you are using the first way I described the diagram will print in those 11x17 page tiles regardless of how your diagram is laid out on the canvas. If you print a document that just has multiple page tabs then you will have the option of selecting which pages you would like to print.

As for layers you can use that function on any page or document but when you go to print the document you have to decide which layers you would like visible and select "sync visibility" otherwise it will print all the layers on top of each other. When you select the print option it will bring up a preview of what the document will look like when printed if you are unsure. Hope this helps!