Skip to main content

Hello

I am currently trying to run a calculation in a chart that is on a single page but using many layers. Basically what I want to do is sum the value of all the shapes on the visible layers. What I have done at this point is assign values to all of the shapes in each layer (not all but all the relevant ones) then at the page level I retrieve all of the values using =CHILDREN."Value" and getting an array. 

The array looks correct however it is returning the values of the shapes that are currently in layers that are hidden. Is there a way to return only the visible shape values??

Perhaps with conditional formatting or using certain IF statements with an identifier? 

Please help!! Thanks :)

Michael

Hi Michael

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately what you are trying to do is not currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

For anyone else interested in these topics please refer to the Create Multi-Layered Diagrams and the How to Use Formulas article in our Help Center article.