Skip to main content

I am moving to touch devices as part of my workflow - its 2021 and there are plenty of devices available and flowcharting with touch is great. Except in Lucidchart in Chrome on any touch device whether its my Samsung tablet or my touchscreen monitor attached to my pc. I can't even add objects. Made a few complains in a few different ways and you've been strangely silent.

Is there a plan for touch support or should I just give up?

Hi Alexander 

Thanks for posting in the community!

We're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your comments to our feature request form? Ideas and feedback submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration. This will help the team prioritize development of features deemed critical by our users. 

Thanks again and apologies for any inconvenience this causes you.

I strongly agree with Alexander. 
We are using touch screens in team working sessions and Lucidchart doesnt seem to work well with something as simple is trying to drag a shape onto the canvas.

I am assuming Lucidspark is the same.

Are there any updates on this?

Hi Mario thanks for continuing this thread. We have dedicated iOS and Android mobile apps for both Lucidchart and Lucidspark with dedicated touch support that should offer a good experience on those devices. Regarding using Lucidchart and Lucidspark on a browser with other devices - we still expect to support and provide a good basic experience even for these devices that aren't explicitly supported. Basic functionality like panning around tapping and dragging shapes should work without issue but some advanced features unique to specific devices that a one might expect ( such as pressure sensitivity responding to pen tilt specific shortcuts for specific actions etc.) are not supported. 

It does sound as though this basic drag and drop functionality is what is causing an issue for you - can you please confirm what device and browser you are using any specific actions you are trying to take and what you are experiencing when you attempt them such as lag or lack of responsiveness?