Skip to main content

Knowing what google docs are using a diagram

• 16 May 2018
  • 1 reply

Our organization uses reference diagrams in LC which are then included in many different google docs.  If I update one of them I want to know how the including google docs might be affected (maybe the supporting text needs to be updated).

Is there a way to know what google docs are including a given diagram?

Hi Michael 

Thanks for posting in the community! To edit a Lucidchart diagram from within your document select the "Pen" in the upper right corner of your diagram's icon located in the Lucidchart Ad-On menu. When you update a Lucidchart diagram through an individual document the changes will be made to only the document in question. If you'd like the same diagram that's inserted in other documents to update as well you'll need to update from those documents individually. You'll have access to do this through the Lucidchart Ad-On menu. There is not currently a way to track where different diagrams are inserted with our Google integration but If you'd like to see this function considered for our product road map please add your idea to our feature request form. Please let me know if you have further questions!