Skip to main content

I have spent a good deal of time formatting (shapes colors text etc) my org chart. But when I import updated data (org chart changes often) I lose all formatting. I do not want to have to go back in and make major changes when the data is updated. I have conditional formatting set up which helps but still leaves me having to make some modifications. Is there a way to keep all formatting when importing updated data? If not does having linked data vs. imported data solve this issue?

Hi Hayley

Thanks for reaching out to the Lucid community. When you replace a data set any custom formatting will remain for employee shapes where the data has remained the same but unfortunately will reset to the default formatting for any employee shapes where the data has been modified/updated. This experience is the same when the data is linked and updated (for instance using Google Sheets) as it is when the data is uploaded fresh. However if you set your custom formatting as the default (by right clicking on a shape that is styled as desired and selecting "Set Default Style") then any new or modified shapes will maintain the custom formatting when you reimport the data. Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions!