Skip to main content

Jive and Lucid Chart update

• 30 November 2017
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

We are using Lucid with Jive. We create a Jive document and embed the chart as an app. My questions are:

If an update is done to the chart in Lucid (we are using for Org charts) will the changes be shown when a user clicks on the chart? Or do we have to re-create the 'link' to the chart each time we make a change?

I suspect we have to re-create the link each time we make a change in the chart.

Hi Andrew thanks for posting in the Community! All of the links created form Lucidchart documents are "live" links so if the user opens the link from Lucidchart they'll get the most updated version of the chart even if the changes are occurring in real-time. If you embed the chart via HTML then you may need to refresh the page to make sure that latest changes are showing. Please see this article for more information on publishing and sharing settings. 

Thanks for the response Max. We use it as an embedded App on a Jive document. Not as HTML. But it did work for us a few week back as we were testing it so we are a bit confused as to why it's not updating now. Our other user is using Edge I have Chrome. It inserts fine and displays fine.

I would assume as you say it will always pull the current version from your servers. So on my test page below I have two versions of the same chart embedded in a document. An original and a changed one - seen in the second image below. It's only the one chart. The second chart in the doc is the current version. So something somewhere is holding onto an older version. Now it's not a case of having both charts on the one doc as I just did that to show the differences.

Hi Andrew

Thank you for the additional information! Since this is a personalized issue could you please submit a request here to receive additional assistance? Have a great day!