Skip to main content

Dear Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to report a problem I encountered while working with the organizational chart (Org Chart) feature in your application.

I have noticed that when I attempt to select the entire Org Chart, not all the shapes that belong to it are being selected. This issue is causing significant inconvenience, as it prevents me from simultaneously displaying or hiding selected fields for all tiles within the chart. It seems like the functionality is partially working, with some shapes being affected as expected, while others are completely omitted from the selection.

This inconsistency in behavior is hindering my ability to efficiently manage and customize the Org Chart according to my needs. I am keen to understand why this is happening and how it can be resolved.

Kind Regards, Rafał

Hi @rafalgl, thank you for posting in the community. To help us better understand the issue, could you please share the following information so we can take a closer look?

• A description of how you are selecting shapes (eg. drawing a selection box, clicking employee shapes)
  • Can you please try reproducing the issue using this Org Chart example template and share a screenshot/recording? This will help us investigate the issue described. 

Thanks in advance for your help and patience! Please let us know if you have any questions! 

Hi Leianne,

Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate your support in addressing this issue.

To clarify how I've been selecting shapes within the Org Chart, I've used a few different methods. Firstly, I select the Org Chart by clicking on the "org chart" text that appears on a black background when I hover over the organization scheme. Another method I've tried is using CTRL+A to select all, and I've also attempted to select by clicking, holding, and dragging the left mouse button (LPM) to draw a selection box around the items I want to select.

After selecting and activating, for instance, the 'Email' field to be displayed, I noticed that only some of the employee tiles reflect this change. On the remaining tiles, the email field remains hidden, and I find myself having to enable them individually for each one.

Kind Regards, Rafał

Hi @rafalgl, thank you for sharing the additional information! I unfortunately have not been able to reproduce the issue you have described. 

Could you please confirm if the issue is happening to a specific Org Chart document, or all of your Org Chart documents? 

If possible, can you please share the temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing.

For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article. This Support PIN doesn’t allow anyone but Lucid Support to take a look at your document, so you are safe to post it here.

Let me know if you have any questions, thank you!

Hi Leianne,

Here is the support pin code for our chart:
UBPYPEo7dLk6

If, for example, we press CTRL+A to select all objects, and then enable the visibility of additional fields, such as the email address, not all tiles respond to the change, and fields have to be enabled individually in them.

Let me know if there is any way to solve this issue.

Hi @rafalgl, thank you for sharing the PIN and your patience as I take a closer look at your document! It looks like you have individual overrides (styling) added to the employee shapes in your document which is causing the issue you have described. 

This can happen when an individual employee shape is selected when editing and you make changes to that specific shape only. 

The only way to fix this is to select all shapes and click on "Clear Overrides". However, if you select the entire org chart and click this, it may remove other formatting applied to your chart that you did not intent to clear. 

Instead, I would recommend identifying all the individual shapes that are not ‘selected’ when you try to make changes to the entire org chart and apply ‘Clear Overrides’ to those specific shapes. I’ve attached a GIF below to demonstrate this:

I understand this may take some time to work through if you have a large org chart, however once that is completed, you should be able to select the entire org chart and change the different fields as normal again.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to let me know if you have