Skip to main content

Hello all, 

I am looking to make a website layout with LucidChart. Is there a plugin or a way to link Lucid to my website so it will automatically create a chart based on my pages and links/redirects on my pages?

Or will I need to manually create one and add in the links/redirects? I know i can make a website layout on my own but it will just take time, so if there is a plugin or work around that would be great.

Thank you

CJ

Hi @CJ_P 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I do not believe that there’s a direct, out-of-the-box solution from Lucidchart for your specific need. I’m familiar with the option where you can create the layout manually in Lucidchart. This method gives you the most control over the design and accuracy of the chart - but can be time-consuming, especially for large or complex websites.

While Lucidchart does not automatically create charts from live websites, it does offer various integrations and has an API that could be leveraged for custom solutions. Theoretically, you can use a site mapping tool to generate a JSON or similar representation of your site structure and then use the Lucidchart API to create a diagram based on that data. This would require custom development work and a good understanding of both the tool used for site mapping and the Lucidchart API.