Skip to main content

I have a large complex diagram with many objects connected to many others. I'd like to see the number of lines an object has connected to it (regardless of arrows/direction) and/or ideally I'd like to style the objects differently based on how many connections they have (e.g. an object with 20 connections would have bold red font size 12 while an object with only 3 lines connected to it would use the default font).

I looked through conditional formatting but wasn't able to quickly see a way to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey there

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! I believe that utilizing our Formulas and Conditional Formatting will be the best bet to solve this. I've included a short screen recording that should help out. 

So you will want to start by clicking on Conditional Formatting and make a new rule. You will need to change your Data Source to Formula. The formula you will need to use is "=count(connnectedlines)." This value will need to be paired with a Less than or a Greater than number to ensure that the styling is how you would like it to be. In the example I've used above you will see that I set mine to be ">2." So the end formula is "=count(connectedlines)>2." 

From there you will be able to change the "Then" formatting you would like to see. So in the above example I am saying "IF there are greater than 2 lines connected THEN use this styling." For your scenario you will most likely want to create multiple rules with multiple different stylings. 

I hope this helps--please let me know if you have any trouble or need to ask any questions! Cheers! 

This will work for what I need. Thank you for the quick answer!

Hey there

Glad to hear! Reach out anytime!