Skip to main content

I would like to add a chart in but also see the background of of the slide? Is this possible or something that might be added in the future?

Seems like it would be a useful function to have.

Hey Alexander

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! If you navigate to File > Page settings you will see the option to select a Background Color under the Canvas tab. You can select transparent (top left) and then insert your chart as an image into your PowerPoint or utilize the Microsoft Integration

Hope this helps--please let me know if you have any other questions! 🤝

Hi Phillip

Thanks for the response! 
I've done this but the powerpoint integration still shows as pure white in the background in the microsoft integration.

Can you replicate this yourself?

Thanks!

Hey Alexander 

Thank you for the reply! Are you utilizing the Microsoft Integration to insert the diagram or are you inserting as an image. 

Thank you for the help and patience! 

Hi 

I'm using it to insert a diagam specifically so that others may make live changes to the diagram if needed. 

Hey Alexander 

Aha I see--sorry for the confusion here however this does not seem to be possible as the live version of the chart would appear just as it does in Lucidchart in which the background is set to transparent yet the canvas is still visible. I do think this is an idea worth passing along to our development team so I will ensure that this gets into the right hands moving forward. 

Again apologies for any inconvenience this causes you and your Team--let me know if you have any other questions or concerns! 

Hi Phillip

It's great that this will be sent over to the dev team! I think it would be a nice feature to have in terms of powerpoint integration. 

Hey Alexander

I agree totally agree 😎 Thanks so much for voicing your idea here in the Lucid Community and allowing us the opportunity to make Lucid work best for your Team! Firm handshakes 🤝