Skip to main content

I want to create a shape library with hundreds of shapes. It would be useful to organize them in a similar manner to the standard libraries with folders/sections that the user can enable/disable and with captions that describe their section's contents. Can we do this with custom shape libraries?

Hi Steve thanks for commenting in our community! Currently you cannot create folders within custom shape libraries. I would suggest that you upload desired shapes in smaller batches to create multiple Custom Shape Libraries. Here is our Help Center article that can help walk you through how to create custom shape libraries. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks for replying and that's what I've done so the problem is "solved". The downside to this is that rather than share a single library I have to share a dozen of them.

Hi Steve unfortunately library folders are not currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our product feedback area of the community? Ideas posted here can be upvoted, and the top requests are passed on to the product development team for their consideration. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. 

Hi Steve thanks for commenting in our community! Currently you cannot create folders within custom shape libraries. I would suggest that you upload desired shapes in smaller batches to create multiple Custom Shape Libraries. Here is our Help Center article that can help walk you through how to create custom shape libraries. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. 

I went to the above article and it wasn’t there.

Hi @lpica,

Here is the most recent help article on shape libraries: Shape libraries in Lucidchart.

Have a great day!

Hi @Steve D 

Whilst you can create a customized shape library (see steps and video here: https://help.lucid.co/hc/en-us/articles/14931750819476-Shape-libraries-in-Lucidchart#how-to-create-a-custom-shape-library-in-lucidchart ), I don’t think that you can customize it in the manner you described. 

Hope this helps.