Skip to main content

Is it possible to put an interactive Lucidchart into Quip that functions for users with Read Only access?

Thanks!

Kristen

Hi Kristen thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! The only way to stop a person in Quip from having edit access to a diagram on a page is if they only have view access to the Quip page. Even if they have comment access they will still be able to edit inserted diagrams.

Hope this helps!

For more information on the Quip Integration please take a look at the Lucidchart Live App for Quip article in our Help Center. 

Hi Eric!

Are you saying interactions are only available for people with edit access and there's no way to change that?

(Sorry I didn't mean to downvote your post but I can't remove it now...)

Thanks!

Kristen

Hi Kristen reading through your post again it looks like I slightly misunderstood your question. To clarify if a user has...

• ... read-only access to the Quip page they WILL NOT be able to edit the Lucidchart diagram. 

• ... comment access to the Quip page they WILL be able to edit the Lucidchart diagram.

• ... edit access to the Quip page they WILL be able to edit the Lucidchart diagram.

Could you send a detailed description (and a screenshot) of one of the interactions you are referring to better help me understand your question? Thanks!

Hi Eric!

Your points make sense.  However I'm looking for a Quip read-only user to be able to select the clickable components of the Lucidchart. 

The below image is what I'm trying to achieve.  I have hit boxes around the diagram.  When a user selects one it should open a wedge behind them.  However this only works for an individual that has edit access to the document.

Thanks for the clarification! What you are trying to achieve is currently not possible for read-only users in Quip.

However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.