Skip to main content

Dear Lucidchart Support Team

I am reaching out to inquire about the capabilities of Lucidchart in conjunction with the use of OpenAI’s ChatGPT specifically regarding the automation of diagram modifications.

My objective is to automate the process of modifying diagrams such as updating a flowchart by replacing a specific box with an image using conversational AI commands. While I am aware that ChatGPT can generate textual descriptions and potentially code for creating diagrams I am interested in learning if there is a way to integrate such a feature to directly modify visual elements within Lucidchart.

Here are my questions:
1) Does Lucidchart support any form of API or integration that would allow for external scripts such as those generated by ChatGPT to modify diagrams or flowcharts within the platform?
2) If such functionality is available could you guide me on how it might be implemented or direct me to the relevant documentation?
4) Are there any plans for Lucidchart to support AI-driven diagram modifications in the future enabling users to make changes through AI-generated commands?
Your guidance on this matter would be invaluable as I explore ways to enhance productivity and workflow automation. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Giasoumis Giasemi

Hi Giasoumis thank you for contributing to the Lucid Community! Lucidchart currently has the following integrations with OpenAI's ChatGPT:

If you have any further questions or need assistance with these features please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team or comment below.