Skip to main content

Hello all!

I would like to inquire about the copyright issues related to diagrams and drawings created using Lucidchart. I would like to use these diagrams commercially, including in my book and course. How can I do this? Is some kind of attribution enough or I need to pay somehow? 

Best regards
Peter

Hi @Peter122, thanks for your post! Lucid is supportive of the use of our software in your materials.

If you created the document you would like to use yourself, then you are the owner of the diagram and can use it however you would like. Others who have used diagrams in books or publications have cited the diagram image with, "Created in Lucid (lucid.co)". We encourage you to do this as well, but it is not required as you own the work you created in Lucid.

If you would like to use a template we created, you may reference us with the following citation: Created in Lucid (lucid.co)

If you would like to reference an article or webpage we wrote, you may reference us like this:
“Article name.” Link to asset
For example: “How to Use Value Stream Mapping in DevOps.” www.lucidchart.com/blog/value-stream-mapping-for-devops

We also ask that you reference/cite any product screenshots as “Lucid, lucid.co”, or other wording that references both our full brand name and our website.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.