Skip to main content

Hello I am fairly fluent with LucidChart and Teams but not so much cooperatively.  I have created many LucidCharts and want to store them in a Team Files folder.  My company has a license and I do understand that to anyone else the charts are view-only.  I know how to add a single chart as a channel tab but I just want to have my charts in a folder for project team access.  I feel like it should be a drag and drop but I can't make it work. What am I missing?

Thanks Jason

Hello Jason

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! 

Just to make sure that we are on the same page please review our Microsoft Teams article from the Lucidchart Help Center and let me know if you have any questions about the intended functionality or set up of Microsoft Teams.

Just to clarify are you trying to drag Lucid files out of your account and into MS Teams? This is unfortunately is not possible. The MS teams integration allows you to insert diagrams into team channels and then also access your docs list/edit docs within MS teams. If you would like to share a folder with your team the best way to do this would be to share a folder through Lucid. To share a folder in Lucid follow these steps:

1. In your Documents page hover over the thumbnail of the document or folder you would like to share and click Share.

2. In the text box enter the name(s) email address or group with whom you’d like to share the document or folder.

3. Set permissions for the collaborator(s) via the dropdown to the right of the text box.

4. If you would like enter a custom message to go along with the document or folder invitation.

5. Click Done

6. Users who you shared the folder with will then be able to access it from their Lucid docs list.

Here is an article from the Lucid Help Center with more information on this. Please let me know if this doesn't answer your question or if you need more help!

Hi Sami thank you for your reply. You answered my question within your clarification paragraph.  I do see how I can place one chart at a time in Teams and yes I can share in Lucid. My situation is that I need to share files with people outside my company. We have already established our file-sharing process with them and they do not have Lucid.  I was hoping to drop lots of LucidCharts in a Teams folder so that my co-workers could edit as desired and the external users could at least see the visuals. I can export and then drag those into the folders it just reduces the tool integration to nil.

Thanks for the clear answer though I can know I am not simply missing something.

Hello Jason

Thanks for your response! Although you are still able to share the documents with people outside your company I understand how it could be beneficial to have a "drag-and-drop" system set up with Lucidchart in MS teams to make it easier to share folders. Would you mind adding your idea of  to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration and I think this is a great idea for them to hear about!

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.