Importing existing floorplans

Folks,

Is there a way to import a PDF plan into the Lucid chart?

I know I can bring one in via an insert function, but what it does it just brings the PDF itself rather than coping the floor plan into a lucid chart where I can interact and build off.

Hi @Maks

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community. Unfortunately, importing a PDF that you can edit into currently not supported in Lucidchart. You can see what file imports we support in this Help Center article

However, we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience within this thread.

I’ve also converted this post to an idea so that it’s visible to others within the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, they can upvote it and add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

If I convert that PDF (which is a picture as well) to JPEG will that be able to read the plan and reproduce it within the Lucid chart?

Hi @Maks

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, importing the file as a JPEG in Lucidchart will have similar functionality to a PDF. You will be able to see the file, but not be able to edit it. You can see what file types you can import and edit in this Help Center article

Yea, I saw that. I was hoping maybe there is some other option. It would be a HUGE time saver if the platform would recognize the plan and draw one for you. It is still would be less time spent for a user to fix import errors than redraw the whole floor plan. 

Thank you folks. Have a great day.  

Does anyone know of a freelance service where I can have someone to build a floor plan from an existing PDF/Jpeg file? 

Hi @Maks

I don’t know of one, I’m sorry.