Skip to main content

I am creating a smart container importing data from a google sheet.   It has dates in it and on the google sheet it has the date in the standard form.  When importing it into the smart container it converts to datevalue format.  How do I change this? 

Hi Mike thanks for posting on the Community!

If you select the column in your Google Sheet that includes the dates and go under Format and select Number > Plain Text your dates will then import accurately if you reinput your data into Smart Containers in Lucidchart. Below is a screenshot of where/how to make this adjustment within Google Sheets.

INnB_dikr2S-XPPxXtmmew.png

After you have made that change so the dates are in plain text (rather than Automatic) please reimport your Google Sheet into Smart Containers in your Lucidchart document and they should show up as expected.

Hope this helps!

For anyone else looking for information on importing Google Sheets into Lucidchart please check out our Link Google Sheet Excel or CSV Data to Lucidchart Documents article.

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!