Skip to main content

Hello and HELP! 

This is my first time working with Lucidchart and my boss has some requests that I am not sure I can swing. We're working on building an org chart and trying to automize as MUCH as possible so that when we import from excel doc a list of responsibilities under each individual is listed with bullet format.   

Hi Cynthia

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community - we are here to help! Please review our Help Center article on Org Charts to learn more about how to import data from an Excel file. 

To import a list of responsibilities simply add a column to your excel doc with the bulleted list. They will import as a employee field that you can view in your Org Chart.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

this is fantastic anywhere where I can find additional instructions on getting multiple bullets like that in one column?

Hi Cynthia 

I'm glad that helped! Are you asking about how to create a new line in the cell for a list? If so you can use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Enter) for a PC or (CMND + Enter) for a Mac.

If this doesn't answer your questions could you share additional details on what you are trying to do?

I had to google for Mac in order to create a new line within a selected cell is Option+Return but what I still cant quiet seem to figure out is how to format the column to have bullets or dashes like your example every time I hit option+return to jump to a new line within the selected cell. Any advice on that portion? thank you so so so much this support is amazing.

Hi Cynthia

Of course! We are here to help!

In my example I just used the "-" dash symbol on the keyboard but you can also create bullet points by clicking into the cell and then opening the right click menu and selecting "Emojis and Symbols" to chose from several symbol options.

I hope this helps!