Skip to main content

I have data in an excel document to show relationships between objects. Data is organized in the following manner:

Coliumn A : Source 

Column B: Target

I want to import it into lucid chart and have shapes for data in column A and Column B with a line drawn between them. Has anyone done this ?

Hi Akshay 

Thanks for posting in the community! For data linking to function correctly in Lucidchart you'll need to make sure your import file is formatted correctly according to your use case. As a first step, please review our articles on Linking data to a Lucidchart diagram and Process Diagram Import from CSV to verify that your excel file is formatted correctly. Also, you're able to download and import an example CSV file of a Process Diagram in the Lucidchart editor through File > Import Data > Process Diagram > Download Example CSV. You might find this helpful in seeing how Lucidchart views relationships between shapes. If you have further questions after reviewing these items, please let us know!

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!

Hi, Akshay! Since you’re working with Excel files I wanted to let you know that we are actively developing an Excel integration with Lucidchart. This feature will allow you to import spreadsheets from Office 365 business accounts, and have 2-way syncing between Lucid and your Excel spreadsheet. 

If you (or anyone reading this) is interested, shoot me a DM. I can get you onboarded to our Excel beta.  We’re actively looking for testers that can provide feedback and feature requests for this new capability.