Skip to main content

Is this not possible with the app versions? I can't seem to be able to take a picture with my phone's camera and get it into Lucid. Is the toolbar also not available? Thx

Hi Kendall

Currently you can only add images through the iOS (iPhone & iPad) app. We are working on adding that feature to the Android app soon.

To add an image using the iOS app open a document then tap the shapes icon. In the panel that shows there will be a camera icon in the top bar. Tap on that camera icon and the flow should be self-explanatory from there.

As far as the toolbar not being available it should always be available as long as you have permission to edit the document. On iPads the toolbar changes into a side bar to give you quicker access to all the editing capabilities.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thx Chloe! I do have another question. Is it not possible to work with layers in the iPad version? ANd data sources?

That is correct. You cannot currently work with layers or data sources on the iPad app.

Is this on the roadmap. Or there any publically available roadmap for the native apps? I'm trying to evauluatre if Lucidchart will work for me going forward as I now primarily work on iPad app which is quite limited compared to the web portal. And it seems I cannot work in a browser on the ipad?

Layers are on our roadmap but aren't an immediate priority. And data sources are not on our roadmap. If these become higher priority for users that could change in the future. You are correct in that the web has more advanced options than the app and it is a view-only experience on the mobile browser. If you would like to email us at ios+feedback@lucidchart.com we'd love to understand your use case for layers and data sources on iOS. We value user feedback!