Skip to main content

Hello,

I am trying to import an SVG of a sequence diagram. I have verified the whole sequence diagram is part of the SVG, but when I import it, it loads the whole thing and then the viewport into the SVG stays the same, but it zooms into part of the SVG, so the whole sequence diagram isn’t viewable. How can I increase the view port of the SVG to show the whole diagram? 

Hi @iamalexm 

Please refer to this post for guidance, and feel free to follow the instructions if you're attempting to use Lucidspark.

SVG scaling | Community (lucid.co)

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

@Humas1985 I run into the same issue when following these instructions. I am not using lucidspark, just lucid.app. The svg gets cut off on the bottom and side.

Hi @iamalexm 

Could you please share the dimensions (width and height) of the SVG file or provide a screenshot of the resulting image?

Regards

Hey @Humas1985,

Here is a screenshot. I can watch the SVG resize after it is imported to this viewport. The left justification is fine, it just cuts off the right and the bottom. I can’t change the viewport to show the whole image.

HI @iamalexm 

Thanks for adding more information - working on the background to get this sorted, will get back on this at the earliest.

Regards

Hi @iamalexm, and thanks @Humas1985 for getting the conversation going. There are a couple of issues that we consistently come up against with SVGs. Do you mind reading through and seeing if either of these could be the cause of what you are experiencing?

• Please try the SVG import in a Chrome Incognito browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions.
  • Our SVG import can only upload a file size of 150 KB or smaller. If you are attempting to upload a larger SVG, I would recommend downloading a smaller copy of that image and it should upload successfully.

Hi @Micah ,

Thanks for the new things to try. It has the same behavior in incognito mode. The SVG I am trying to import is 56kb. 

I can see the full svg load, then it automatically zooms in, cutting off the top and bottom of the image. Not sure if this helps, but hopefully it can!

Hi @iamalexm, thank you, that is helpful! Two additional clarifying questions:

• Does this happen in any document you import this SVG into, or only one specific one? Would you please generate a document support PIN for a document you’re experiencing this in so that I can take a closer look? You can find full instructions in this Generate a Lucid support PIN article from our Help Center. It’s for internal use only and won’t grant public access to your document, so you can share that PIN directly in this thread. 
  • Have you experienced this with any other SVGs you’ve imported?

Hi @Micah  thanks for following up. Here are the answers to your questions:

• It happens in a new document. Here is the support pin in the new doc: 2HLJc9JwQNHY
  • I have not seen this with other SVGs.

Cheers!

Hi @iamalexm, thanks for getting back to me - I was able to reproduce the issue and believe this is a bug. I’d like to report it to our development team so that they can take a closer look at the issue. In order to provide them with complete information, I would be grateful if you could send me the SVG file itself. I’ve gone ahead and converted this post into a private ticket in which you can upload it. Thank you for your help and patience! 

@Micah,  For some reason, it’s not allowing me to attach it here. I am just trying to use the insert image button at the top - is that right? It allows me to select the svg, but I don’t see it attached.

@iamalexm Unfortunately, you’re not able to attach it directly to this thread. If you take a look at your email (potentially in your spam folder), you’ll see a separate private ticket to which you can attach it. Let me know if you’re able to do so!

@Micah I just replied to the support@ email address. Hopefully you get it there!

@iamalexm Got it, thanks so much! I’ve filed the report with our development team and will update you via this thread as soon as I’m able. Apologies for the inconvenience - please let me know what else I can do to support your work in the meantime.