Skip to main content

I successfully used the Import MySQL feature to bring in my existing database however when dragging multiple tables onto the canvas the relationships are not automatically being drawn. Any ideas? Thank you in advance for any help.

Hi James

Thanks for posting on the community! The lines should automatically be drawn between foreign keys and primary keys. Can you confirm that the entities you dragged out have those relationships indicated within your data file?

If this isn’t the issue can you please submit a ticket using our contact support form and include the following information:

• The document URL

• The data file

This will help us investigate further. Thanks!

Hi

I have the same issue. I manage to import MYSQL database and can see all of my tables on the left of my menu ERD environment.

When I drag tables on to the layer there are no relationships that appear and the "Magnet" symbol on the top right is in a light grey colour. I can't selected it. It looks like I can't activate it. GRRR

I feel like I managed to import the data and now I can't use lucidchart because I don't have the relationships.  

I confirm that for each of the tables that I've dragged on the layer there are 3 columns. On the first column I have the information of the 'PK' primary key but I DO NOT have  'FK' secondary key information.

Any idea what I should do to see the relationships ?

Thanks for your help. 

Hi Koehl

Thanks for following up on this thread! Lines are only automatically drawn between foreign keys and primary keys. If you do not have foreign keys those lines will not be automatically drawn between tables you add to the canvas. You will have to instead manually create and format your lines as explained in the Add Lines section of our ERDs article.

Hope this helps!

Hi Shanna

Thanks a lot for your answer. I can add lines between my tables in the diagram however how can I know that these relationships are correct and this is how the database operates today?  

I am trying to understand the architecture of the current operating database in AWS. Is it possible to run a different query that will pull PK and FK to have automatic relationship drawn ?

Thanks

Vincent

And for info it's a MySQL database.

Hi Vincent

Thanks for following up! Instructions for finding the query to run in MySQL as well as the full instructions for importing your database can be found in our Entity Relationship Diagrams article

If you are still running into issues after following those steps and using the provided query for MySQL please submit a ticket using our contact support form and include the following information:

• The document URL
  • The data file

This will allow us to take a closer look at your specific use case and provide further troubleshooting steps. Thanks!