Skip to main content

Hi 

I am building ER diagrams for creating Database. I have a rough table structure in a Google spreadsheet. I want to know if we can import column name and tables from the spreadsheet by linking it as we can do it flowcharts. 

Priyanka

Hi Priyanka

Thanks for reaching out. I think that is a good idea but we don't have that feature. We're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? This form allows our team to categorize like requests and bring them to our product team.

Please visit our ERD Help Center Article for more information about our ERD import function. That feature can help you build your ERD diagrams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krw_pTUrNM8 example

Hi Mark thanks for continuing this thread and for providing that example. Lucidchart does now support the ability to generate a flowchart from an imported spreadsheet as described in detail in this Process Diagram Import from CSV article from the Lucidchart Help Center. Similar to what your example in that YouTube video shows by formatting your spreadsheet data in a specific way and indicating what objects should be connected to each other Lucidchart can interpret this and automatically generate the diagram. 

However at this time this functionality isn't supported for an entity relationship diagram. If this is what you're hoping to do we would love to hear more about your use case via the feature request form linked in Andrew's response above. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have additional questions.