Skip to main content

I want to use some of my existing Lucidchart diagrams as a basis for my brainstorming session in Lucidspark. How do I import my diagrams into my board?

Hi there thanks for posting in the community! To import your Lucidchart diagram into your Lucidspark board select the More menu of your board > Insert > Lucidchart document. 

YZqWXtpsqohr0LiB8xLWZA.png
This will open up a modal with your Lucidchart documents for you to choose from. If you’re inserting a multi-page document you can choose to insert a single page or all of them. Note that while the import will maintain the visual fidelity of the original Lucidchart document you will have much less editing control over the imported shapes in Lucidspark. For more information please view this Import and export within Lucid from our Help Center and post any additional questions below.

I want to do the same thing but the docs appear incorrect: https://help.lucid.co/hc/en-us/articles/9189474296084-Import-and-export-within-Lucid

I do not see a hamburger menu next to the diagram name. I see the image below. I've clicked on every UI item available and there is no import item that I can find. I'm trying to import a .laf file that a download of diagrams from another account.

QcG-Z3l8aF8tD83elsTA_Q.png

Hey Ben 

Thank you for keeping this conversation going! Taking a look at your screenshot--it looks like you are using Lucidchart here. If you are trying to open a Lucidspark board in a Lucidchart document you will want to click File > Import Diagram > Lucidspark. This will open a popup window that will allow you to select which board you would like to import. 

Currently Lucidchart does not support importing a .laf file type. I have attached a screenshot below that should help out. Feel free to comment back to let me know if you have any other questions--Cheers!

I'm looking to move docs from one Lucidchart account to another. I thought I read you could export to an .laf and then import that into the new location. Is that not true?

Is it possible?

Hey Ben 

Aha I see--If you are wishing to move documents from one Lucid account to another the simplest method is to share the files. From there you can make a duplicate of the files in the account the docs were shared with effectively making that account the rightful owner of those documents.

To share you can either click the button in the top right of each document or make a folder with all of the files and share the entire folder. Here's a Lucid Help Desk article on sharing to help out along the way. Cheers!

A year ago we terminated our relationship with a business partner and we saved all Lucid Chart diagrams that were created using the business partner's Lucid Chart account to an laf-file. There are hundreds if not thousands of man hours in this file.

I just create my own account today. How can I import the charts from the laf-file into my new account?

Hi Anton

Thanks for continuing this thread! 

You can restore your Lucid files through the 'Restore' option in your document settings which can be found in Account settings. With this feature you can select your .laf backup file and upload it to your Lucid account. For more information on how to do this please refer to our Account Settings help center article.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask any further related questions below!

This thread is the closest I’ve found to trying to get an answer.  I’ve downloaded a .lucid file from a Jira issue and I have ZERO idea where, or how, I would even open it in Lucid.  I’ve tried all of the methods above, but it only opens the repository within Lucid and doesn’t seem to have a way to access files on a computer.  Am I missing something or is there a way to access the folders on your computer in order to import or upload .lucid files?

Any help is appreciated!

Hi @KatieSW, thanks for adding to this thread! It’s likely that the .lucid file is an attachment generated by a diagram embedded in Jira via the Lucid Add-on for Jira. Are you able to see an embedded diagram in your Jira issue?

Amelia,

Unfortunately, there is no thumbnail of the file and when you click on it there is only the code for the file and not the image.

Hi @KatieSW, thanks for following up! I’m moving your request into a support ticket so that we can take a closer look at your account. Please be on the lookout for an email response soon.

Amelia,

Thank you.  I “think” the issue could be resolved, but better to take a closer look to make sure.  I appreciate the extra mile.  :)

I’m glad to hear that! @KatieSW Yes, we can still take a closer look to make sure everything is working correctly.