Skip to main content
Solved

Import cards or shapes with data in Lucidchart

• 16 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I’m very familiar with using the org chart tool in Lucid Chart to import CSV data and add data to shapes on an org chart. I’d like to do something similar with a bunch of freeform cards. I’d like to import a spreadsheet of 100 rows with 5-10 columns and have it generate 100 cards with the data from most of the columns on the cards. I’ve seen the ability to import data to a lucid chart but am unsure how to generate the cards.  I need them to be in a freeform format where I can freely organize them similar to how you would do a sticky note excercise.

Thanks!

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Jshood

Thank you for the post! You can import data into a document by following these steps: 

1. Click data-panel-icon-in-lucidchart.png the Data Panel icon in the left bar.
  2. Click Link Data.
  3. In the window that appears, click Import Your Data.
  4. Select the file type (Google Sheets, Excel, or CSV) that you would like to import, or select to choose a file that you have already uploaded to Lucidchart. 
  5. Select a file

Once you have uploaded data in the Data Panel you can assign it to an object by following the steps in this Help Center article. Please let me know if you have any other questions!