Skip to main content

I've got a user who has diagrams in a "Visio Drawing Object" embedded in a Word doc. Is there any experience with importing that?

Hi Keith

Thanks for posting in the community! Just to clarify is the diagram you're trying to import saved as a Visio file like (.vdx .vsdx and .vsd) within the Word doc. or an image file like a .png? Lucidchart does offer a Visio integration (you might find this Help Center article helpful) so if your diagram is indeed a Visio file importing it should be no issue. 

It's not an image file I've ever heard of or I wouldn't be asking the question. 🙂 When I right click on it it says it's a "Visio Drawing Object" and I get an option to convert but no options on what to convert it to. I really don't know what the heck it is to be honest. Was just taking a flier to see if anyone had ever encountered this.

Hi Keith

Apologies for misinterpreting your question! Unfortunately that's not a file type we currently support so if you'd like to import the diagram in question you'll need the original Visio file. Sorry for the inconvenience!