Skip to main content

I started a chart in Google Docs and I want to import it (and finish it) in Lucid. I couldn't find how to do that on a cursory search. 

TIA!

Hi Drew thanks for posting in the community.

I'm happy to help but I don’t completely understand the issue you are experiencing. Would you mind providing me with the type of file you're trying to import (for example a CSV) as well as include any screenshots of errors you may be receiving?

Thanks in advance for your help and patience!

Hi Ashley 

It's a Google Doc (so I guess I could export it as any type of "document"; ie: Word .docx etc) with inserted drawings of a flow chart in the document. I'm not receiving any errors I simply don't know how to import or copy/paste the current flow chart drawing from the Google Doc into a new Lucidchart. 

Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification!

Importing a Google doc is not currently supported in Lucidchart. One option you have is to upload an image of what you've built in your Google doc into a Lucidchart document with the caveat that it would not be editable (since it'd be an image file). 

If uploading your Google doc as an image will work for you click here to read our article with more detailed steps. And if you're interested in what files you can import check out our Import Files from Visio Gliffy Draw.io and OmniGraffle article. 

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Is copying and pasting the text from a Google Doc into a Lucidpress template no longer available? I have done it for years but now that I have licenses for Lucid it seems to no longer work.

Hi there

Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing! The copy and paste functionality is still available and based on my testing seems to be working as expected. Can you please verify whether the issue persists when using a private/incognito browser? 

As a next step in troubleshooting can you try changing the font in Google Docs before you copy and paste into Lucidpress? If that doesn't help can you please clarify what happens when you try to paste and send a screenshot of what you see? Sometimes when you copy and paste between two word processing systems formatting can cause a problem. 

Thank you for your continued help and patience!

Hi

I am trying to insert Lucidchart into Google doc however I either get the error message below  or it inserts the link to the Lucidchart in my Goggle Doc but does not actually show the image of the chart - see print screen below. i refreshed my screen and restarted my laptop to see if that would help. Any ideas of how I can actually get the image of the chart to show in my Google Docs? Thanks