Skip to main content

Hi

I use lucidchart for creating charts used in an online educational course.

In "Shapes search" tab there is an option to search for images and icons. Can I use them free in charts created for my course? Where can I find copyright info about an image?

What surprised me is that there is no easily accessible information about images and icons licensing at your website. 

Please let me know if these images are CC and where can I find terms of use of one particular image/icon.

Thank you!

Hi Dariusz

Thanks for posting in the Community!

The image and icon search functions are made possible by our integrations with Bing and Iconfinder. Images from Bing used in personal documents should not be an issue but copy-right laws may apply if images are used outside of this context. 

Users are ultimately responsible of making sure they have the proper permissions or licenses to use any images available online. If you are worried about the licensing of images you are using I would recommend using a search engine that allows you to filter based on this like Google or Bing and limiting that search to images that are available for public use. For commercial use I would recommend using a search engine that allows you to limit results to those that are public domain.

More information on the search functionality provided by Bing and the use of images found through the feature can be found here.

Let me know if you have questions!