Skip to main content

I have a diagram with Org chart shapes in it most of which have URLs for the people's pictures as an attribute on the shape. But when I do a CSV export of the shape data none of the URL information is retained. How do I get to that?

Hi Steve 

Thanks for reaching out in the Lucidchart Community! I’m not sure I quite understand the issue you are experiencing – are you trying to export an Org Chart as “CSV of shape data” so you can import it again in the future? In order for me to better understand what you are trying to achieve would you mind explaining what you would like to do with the resulting CSV? Our CSV of shape data export/import is meant for Process Diagrams not for Org Charts. While you could export your Org Chart using this feature the resulting CSV file will unlikely be properly formatted and successfully imported. 

However you can download your Org Chart as CSV and this will include the URLs to pictures. To do so click the Manage Data icon found in the left ribbon of the editor panel, select the data settings icon, and then select the option “Download as CSV.”

For more information on how to manage data in your Org Chart I’d recommend taking a look at our Org Chart article from the Lucidchart Help Center.

Hi Flavia

I'm really just trying to grab all the image URLs from the shapes with the text on the shape so I know which employee the image relates to. The problem is that the person who created this diagram did not create it as an org chart. I think they created a blank diagram and then used the org chart shapes. Because of that there is no Manage Data icon available when I click on the shapes. Is there another way to get that data from the shapes?

Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve 

Thanks for getting back to me! If the diagram was created using Org chart shapes this means that the Org Chart Shape Library was added to the document and therefore you should have access to the Manage Data Icon. 

If you are unable to access the org chart data panel and the employee options bar this is likely a document specific issue. If that’s the case please send screenshots of your trouble to support@lucidchart.com and one of our agents will get back to you for 1:1 troubleshooting.