Skip to main content

I published my document and created a link. I dont want it live anymore but still works even though I deleted it?

• 21 November 2017
  • 9 replies

What can I do?

Hi Frank - To unpublish a link simply click the trash icon next to the published link. Keep in mind that the link will still work if you are trying to access the document but other users won't have access. Please let me know if there any issues.

Frank! I like that name.

Yeah I don't want the link to be live anymore. Why doesn't it delete when I delete it in the way you describe? 

Sorry Rocky! :)

The link will always be live (only for you) if the document exists. But others will not be able to access it. If you want to remove your own access to the document you have to delete the document.

Right ok. So what we are saying if I sent the link to someone who isn't logged in or isn't me. That link now doesn't work?

Hi Rocky that's exactly right.

If i publish the document agian even if it has a new name the link is exactly the same as the old link. 

Have people who have the old link still access?

Hi Ed

Thanks for your question on the community. If you are working out of the same document (even if it is an updated version or has a new name) then the link will automatically update to reflect the changes in the document and anyone who has that link will be able to see the most up-to-date version. Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Well you got further than me.  I can't even link to the document I want to link to.  I have followed several tutorials but it just links to itself!  Am trying to link to a pdf save in google drive.  Any idea what's wrong?  Be grateful for your help.

Hi there

Thanks for reaching out. To publish your document within Lucidchart and create a link please follow the directions here. If you are trying to share a link within Google Drive I recommend right clicking on the document within Google Drive select Share and select "Get Shareable Link". I hope this helps!