Skip to main content

I created a Lucid account using an email alias (*****@chargeback.com). When I tried to connect to Google Drive it didn't work so I went and installed the Lucidchart app within google drive and how I have a second Lucid account with my Google Apps email address (*****.*****@chargeback.com). Can you fix things so that I have one single Lucid account that's linked to my Google Apps account? Either of those email addresses will be fine.

Hi David

Thanks for posting on the community! Most likely the reason you were unable to link to Google is because the Google email address must match the email address associated with your Lucidchart account in order for the link to function. Since Lucidchart doesn’t have an easy method of transferring subscriptions from one account to another we will instead help you switch the email address on your paid account to the email address you’d like.

There can only be one Lucidchart account associated with an email address. Since you have a free account under the email address you are wanting to have tied to your subscription that account will need to be deleted before you can use that email address on your paid account.

In order to do this please follow these steps:

1. Login to your free account (*****.*****@chargeback.com).

2. Transfer the document(s) you wish to save from your free account to your paid account (*****@chargeback.com). To do this share the document(s) with your paid account. Then log into your paid account and make a copy of the document(s).

3. Delete your free account. You need to delete this account because there cannot be two Lucidchart accounts under the same email address. To delete your free account navigate to your Account Settings in your free account. Select “Close Account” in the left navigation bar. Once your account is closed we will no longer be able to retrieve the documents you have created and saved to our systems so be sure you have already backed them up.

4. Login to your paid account. In your User Settings page you can change your email from (*****@chargeback.com) to (*****.*****@chargeback.com). For more information please view this Help Center article.

5. Link your paid account now under w*****.*****@chargeback.com] to your Google account.

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any trouble making these changes!