Skip to main content

when I tried to copy the JIRA issue with the link from another board, it only copy the text, but not the link, don't know how to copy together the whole JIRA Issue with the hyper link. could someone please advise me ? thanks in advance!

Very interesting one to deal with,

Thanks for the opportunity for researching on this:

Hi - I hope that you are Doing good !!

You can paste the JIRA issue link directly into a text box or a shape in toLucidchart. 
Upon acceptance it will create a hyperlink in Lucidchart 

If the hyperlink is not preserved when you paste the issue into Lucidchart, 

it's possible that there may be limitations / restrictions within Lucidchart that prevent the preservation of hyperlinks in this behavior

Hope this helps

Thank you very much and have a fantastic day!
Warm regards

@Jason Chen Hi Jason, thanks for this post, and thanks for getting the troubleshooting started @Humas1985. You should be able to copy and paste cards between boards. However, if the board you are copying to is authenticated with a different Jira instance than the board your are copying from the cards won’t sync. Can you confirm if this is the case?  

Hi Huma @Humas1985 , Micah @Micah ,

Thank you both for your kind reply, I think the issue is due to the two boards are not authenticated with same Jira instance...I have tried to create a new Lucid board and pasted, it works well. However it didn’t work for my current Lucid board.

@Micah could you advise me if there is any solution to modify my current Lucid board with the same Jira instance so that I can copy cards and sync automatically? Thank you!

@Jason Chen I’m glad that this seems to be the cause! Unfortunately, it’s not possible to sever an existing connect to Jira on a particular board and then re-authenticate into a new one. While not ideal, I believe your best path forward in this case is to use a new Lucid board as you did in your testing. I’m sorry for any inconvenience this causes - please let me know if you have more questions or concerns!