Skip to main content

I have imported the epics of a project into Jira and I would like to know if there is a way to have a line with the total number of child issues by status: Done, In Progress, To Do.

For example: (EPIC HAS 10 CHILD ISSUES) 

7 Done     2 In Progress    1 ToDo
________|============|-------------|

Can it be imported directly from the epic into Jira or do I have to build the visualization? How is built?

Thank you very much

Hi @Alberto Fumero 

Jira does not offer a native feature to directly import epics with a breakdown of child issue statuses.

Use JQL - Jira Query Language to search for child issues of the epic.
->You can write separate JQL queries to find issues with statuses "Done," "In Progress," and "To Do."
->Manually count the results of each JQL search.
-> Build the visualization yourself with the counts (e.g., in a text box or spreadsheet)

If you just need a quick breakdown for a few epics, the JQL and manual count approach might suffice.
For ongoing/long run tracking and automated visualization, consider other options like automation add-ons like Script Runner

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Hi @Alberto Fumero 

Jira does not offer a native feature to directly import epics with a breakdown of child issue statuses.

Use JQL - Jira Query Language to search for child issues of the epic.
->You can write separate JQL queries to find issues with statuses "Done," "In Progress," and "To Do."
->Manually count the results of each JQL search.
-> Build the visualization yourself with the counts (e.g., in a text box or spreadsheet)

If you just need a quick breakdown for a few epics, the JQL and manual count approach might suffice.
For ongoing/long run tracking and automated visualization, consider other options like automation add-ons like Script Runner

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Thank you very much for your help Humas !