Skip to main content

How can I select a shape from one of the shape libraries to be used as the box shape in my Org Charts.  For example I want to use a hexagon shape instead of the default options of a rectangle.

Thus far the only option I've figured out is to select option of no shape and manually position a hexagon shape for each person in the org chart.  That doesn't scale and virtually makes it impossible to make any dynamic changes that Lucidchart normally performs.

Hi Brian 

Thanks for posting in the community! Currently you are able to change the style of your employee shapes to one of five options using the Shape Style section of the org chart menu.

Unfortunately using custom shapes in org charts is not currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration. Thank you for your request and I apolgize for any inconvenience this causes you. Please let me know if you have any additional questions! 

If anyone else is working with org charts please begin by reviewing our Org Chart article from our Help Center and feel free to post any questions below!