Skip to main content

How do I display my data on my shapes? I have project details including stakeholders frequency of communication deliverables for the project etc. in a Google Sheet. I’ve imported it and want to use it in conjunction with the Communication Plan template but I don’t know how to get my own data on the shapes!

Hi there thanks for posting in the community! Once you’ve imported your data into Lucidchart using the Data Linking tool you can view and manage it in the Data Linking panel on the left of your editor. 

In order to display this data on your shapes in the template you’ll first need to attach the data to these shapes. You can do this by clicking and dragging the row of data to the shape with which you want to associate it. Once data is associated with a shape a small link icon will appear next to the data in the data panel.

Finally to display the data on your shapes open the Shape Data panel on the right side of the editor then select the shape you want to work with. When you hover over the different data elements in the panel a +T icon will appear to the right. Simply click this icon to add the data to your shape! Note that you can do this for both a particular field (e.g. “Stakeholder”) as well as the value of that field (e.g. “Mickey Neilands.”)

I hope this helps! For more information please take a look at our Link Google Sheet Excel or CSV Data To Lucidchart Diagrams from the Lucidchart Help Center and post any additional questions below!

¿Habla español? ¡Haga una pregunta aquí!

Fala português? Faça uma pergunta aqui!

Hi! 👋 Jumping in here because I think others who might come across this post may be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!