Skip to main content
Question

How to set padding default in Lucidchart

• 25 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Good day!

I am generating a template for our organization using a blank document. Everytime I set the padding in a shape to 0.38 and click set as default it doesn't stick! Please share your insights. 

Hi @jacqueline b thanks for posting in the community - I'm happy to help! I was able to reproduce the behaviour described in your post and have reported this to our development team so they can take a closer look at the issue.

As a workaround I recommend using the 'Paint Format' feature to quickly copy and paste the padding style onto other shapes.

TYDbBOOxzmKTCFlQGPK9Bg.png
This feature allows you to paint styles from one shape to another by first clicking the shape you want to copy then the 'Paint Format' icon and select all the shapes you'd like to apply the same style to - painting the style onto those shapes. While this requires more clicks it should help apply styles quickly in the meantime. I have attached a GIF below demonstrating this:

GE5aprgEL_IJ8M0PZOUocA.gif
For more information on formatting and styling shapes please take a look at our Add and customize shapes in Lucidchart from the Help Center. 

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and I'll be sure to update this thread as I learn more. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!