Skip to main content

When I review other teammate's LucidChart file I do not want to change it by mistake, so I hope  I can set the chart as readonly, how to do it ?

Hey @binxiao_ks -- thanks for posting! If you take a look at our Sharing article from the Lucid Help Center, it will show you how to change the collaborator settings. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks Philip for your answer. I tried click on share button and set my accessibility to view now.  So I will not worry about my mistake typing or moving on the chart any more. 

But since I am not the author of the chart, if in future I  really want to change or comment on the chart, I have to ask the own for edit access.  It is  not too convenient.

IMO, when the author share the file to other team members with view and edit access right , other team members may have the option to only view the file or when he want to edit the file he can set the option back to edit without requesting for the edit right from the owner.  Because the author already granted the edit access when he shared the file to the team.

Hey @binxiao_ks -- thanks for the reply! Sharing permissions are determined by the owner of the document. If they share a document with you, they will determine if you are a view only, comment, or edit access user to that document. 

As an alternative, you could create a duplicate of the document. This would allow you to be the owner of the document and make changes without effecting the original. To create a duplicate, navigate to file > duplicate. 

Hope this helps!