Skip to main content
Solved

How to remove or delete the document in the preview in Confluence

• 1 September 2022
  • 21 replies

please explain how the Lucidchart Plugin for Confluence server works.
We installed this plugin for testing purposes. We did not log in to the plugin because the tests were running. But it was revealed that the uploaded visio files automatically started to be sent to the lucid.app servers and have the following address https://lucid.app/documents/viewVisio/dd4708db-****

The global problem is that no one gave the right to publish documents in the public domain.
But if you copy this link "https://lucid.app/documents/viewVisio/dd4708db-****" and paste it for example into chrome in safe mode then we will see that the files are published on the Internet and there is access to them.

How can I make sure that these files are not published?
How to make links stop working?
What do you want from people? Tell

When opening the file in the "lucid.app" program there is a menu in the Chrome tab. But in this menu there is no button to delete the file / stop publishing it to the entire Internet.
On the Internet I found information that automatic files are deleted after 7 days from the trash. But the menu does not even have a "Cart" button. What needs to be done so that the files are no longer published on the Internet as is happening now. Reading the moment that no one even logged in to the plugin. Moreover the plugin has already been disabled due to these actions and is unlikely to ever be used.
It remains to decide the moment with the removal of already current files.
What do you want from people?
Where is the "delete file" button
Where are the "Move to Trash" buttons

I really hope that this is a bug and he has a solution

It doesn't explain what you need.
Please tell me your desires

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Нагин

Thank you for contributing to the Lucid Community I hope we can find a solution too! First I suggest checking you are logged out of your Lucid account from your browser before pasting the URL into the address bar. Second I do not understand how you are integrating the Lucidchart Plugin for Confluence Server with your Lucid account because you are not on a Team or Enterprise level subscription. I have moved your request to a Support ticket so we can look into this together more closely. 

For anyone else that has questions regarding the Lucidchart Confluence server integration please refer to the following Lucid Help Center articles:

I appreciate your input and attention on this matter.
But I want to get back to the point

Chrome browser in safe mode is just the case when there are no authorized accounts if you know what I mean.
Plugin "Lucidchart Plugin for Confluence Server" I do not want to integrate / was not going to integrate and will not integrate. I'm being forced to integrate it somehow. What kind of orbrasis?
I'm telling you again.
Documents enter the open Internet with the address https://lucid.app/documents/viewVisio/dd4708db-****"
I think that these letters "lucid.app" tell you something and you are related to them right?

I will remind the essence of the issue.

Let's just understand how I can delete a published document on the entire Internet that is in preview

What I need I have not received an answer. Don't be modest. You need as usual money I will give it to you. I just want to make sure the documents get deleted that's all.

In general your business at the moment is very similar to hackers who first archive files on a computer and then want money for it. You are not much different for me yet by hiding the basket/empty basket function from users no matter how it looks!

Let me give you an example of what YOU are doing ... so I think I will have to explain the problem to you less
here is the file located at the following address
https://lucid.app/documents/viewVisio/b49162f2-9afe-4a54-bb36-2d9a383f36d7#?import=b49162f2-9afe-4a54-bb36-2d9a383f36d7&tips=off
we see that:
1. the address has the letters "lucid.app" https://lucid.app/documents/viewVisio/*
2. this file is available without any account of any service... it is just published on the internet. Checking is very simple: open chrome in safe mode and enter this address https://lucid.app/documents/viewVisio/b49162f2-9afe-4a54-bb36-2d9a383f36d7#?import=b49162f2-9afe-4a54-bb36-2d9a383f36d7&tips= off
3. There is no delete file button. How can this even be?
4. There is a button "Move to cart" but it is not active ... where is the CART itself? I want to see a delete dialog from this hack even if it's for money (unless it's a joke or a bug of course) ... I should be told that "The file will be deleted. Make sure YOU want it." People are used to it! We don't want to guess if we will get the Basket by paying you... it's just awful...

It is unlikely that YOU will be able to earn a lot on the fact that you hide the "Cart" / "Move to Cart" buttons. People make money on functionality isn't it? Well who will use your software with this approach tell me ...
I really hope this is either a bad joke or a bug

What you need? Explain step by step how to delete file https://lucid.app/documents/viewVisio/b49162f2-9afe-4a54-bb36-2d9a383f36d7#?import=b49162f2-9afe-4a54-bb36-2d9a383f36d7&tips=off
Or when will the file be deleted automatically? And will it ever be removed at all?

It looks more like a dream or the delirium of a madman

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Нагин

Can you please clarify how you are generating the Visio Preview URL? Is this from using the Free Visio Viewer by Lucidchart Chrome Extension?

Thank you for your continued help and patience!

Good afternoon
This link to the document in the preview appears automatically as soon as I add a visio file to a Confluence page with the "Lucidchart plugin for Atlassian Confluence" plugin enabled
Version:
Developer:
Lucidchart
Application Key:
com.lucidchart.confluence.plugins.lucid-confluence

I don't do anything else. No authorization. No accounts. Nothing else.
This is where my pain lies ... I do not understand how this is even possible!

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Нагин

Thank you for getting back to me with that information! To clarify do you mean via the button highlighted in the screenshot below?

Good afternoon
It's a pity that there is no way to upload your own pictures but I think I can explain in detail anyway.

Actions that lead to inexplicable consequences for me:
1. Install the plugin "Lucidchart plugin for Atlassian Confluence" plugin enabled Version: 1.24.24 Developer: Lucidchart Application Key: com.lucidchart.confluence.plugins.lucid-confluence into a product called Confluence
2. The result of installing the plugin from 1 point will be the appearance on all Confluence pages of an additional menu called "View Visio File" which can be found by clicking on the 3 dots at the top right of the Confluence page.
3. So if you upload the test.vsdx file to the Confluence page then this “test.vsdx” file will appear in the lists of the “View Visio File” page from 2 points. Also this “test.vsdx” file will be automatically published on the Internet and labeled with a link like “https://lucid.app/documents/viewVisio/da0e9b8e-8914-4d4b-b145-96dc17454f6c#?import=da0e9b8e-8914-4d4b-b145-96dc17454f6c&tips=off"

4. All ever uploaded files of this format will be automatically published on the Internet whether we like it or not. This is a direct threat of information leakage. Fortunately we do this on a test bench.

So here's how to disable this wonderful behavior?
How to delete what is already published?
If it is automatically removed when?

==========================

Visualization of what is happening 

5 https://lucid.app/documents/viewVisio/4515fbd8-a8cf-4396-a92d-0db6dde9bcaf#?import=4515fbd8-a8cf-4396-a92d-0db6dde9bcaf&tips=off

6 https://lucid.app/documents/viewVisio/4515fbd8-a8cf-4396-a92d-0db6dde9bcaf#?import=4515fbd8-a8cf-4396-a92d-0db6dde9bcaf&tips=off

So here's how to disable this wonderful behavior?
How to delete what is already published?
If it is automatically removed when?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Нагин

Thank you for this additional information and the helpful screenshots! I have contacted our engineering team regarding this issue and I will get back to you here once I have more information.

In the meantime can you please confirm whether you have any Chrome browser extensions from Lucidchart?

Good afternoon
I don't have Lucidchart extension in chrome. I am attaching a screenshot.
The whole thing is strange... no information about this in the community.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Нагин

Thanks for getting back to me with that additional information. Our engineering team is looking into this feature more closely and I will update you here once this functionality has been fully addressed.

I recognize that this issue may hinder your workflow and I want to be transparent so that you are able to move forward in the best way possible. Our development team has to rigorously prioritize what to work on based on the extent and criticality of the issue. Because of this it is not likely that this issue will be resolved quickly. I apologize for any disruption this may cause and I would like to do all I can to help you continue your work.

As a workaround I recommend not generating Lucidchart previews of Visio files and importing your Visio files directly to the Lucidchart editor. For details on how to do this please review this Lucid Help Center article and let me know if you have any questions about the setup or intended functionality!

I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Good afternoon
It's good that you paid attention to this behavior of the software (plugin).
But I want to note that the article above that you advise indicates that the file must be loaded using the Lucidchart plugin. I want to remind you that I don't do this. In the photo above I show all the actions that come up to "Epic Fail".

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Нагин

Thank you for pointing that out. It is clear to me now the feature you are encountering is with the Lucidchart Diagrams Connector for Confluence Server/Data Center (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/350288/lucidchart-diagrams-connector?tab=versions&hosting=datacenter).

I will keep you updated here on the status of this issue. Thank you for your continued help and patience!

Good afternoon
I'm glad that you're still ready to figure it out ... the main thing here is the details.
I want to tell you my friend that I do not have the "Lucidchart Diagrams Connector" application in Confluence.

Let me remind you: I only have the application only "Lucidchart Plugin" (This is the Lucidchart plugin for Atlassian Confluence version 1.24.24 )

I don't understand where you got the information about the application "Lucidchart Diagrams Connector"
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/350288/lucidchart-diagrams-connector?tab=versions&hosting=datacenter

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Нагин

Thank you for clarifying! I will keep you updated here on the status of this issue.

Day good friend I hope you are still interested in this question?
I want to knock on the door and ask how your testing is going there?
Any results/intermediate results?
Week later ...
links both worked and work ... https://lucid.app/documents/viewVisio/4515fbd8-a8cf-4396-a92d-0db6dde9bcaf#?import=4515fbd8-a8cf-4396-a92d-0db6dde9bcaf&tips=off
wonderful behavior...

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Нагин

Thank you for following up. Our engineering team is still working to address the issue. I will update you in this thread once I have more information.

I do have some follow-up questions regarding the Enterprise account you are using to access the Confluence Server integration. Have you received any emails from the support ticket we opened for you on September 1st?

Let me tell you my thoughts...

Because a wonderful app/plugin (Lucidchart plugin for Atlassian Confluence version 1.24.24) published my data without my asking on the open web. An example of one file at:
https://lucid.app/documents/viewVisio/4515fbd8-a8cf-4396-a92d-0db6dde9bcaf#?import=4515fbd8-a8cf-4396-a92d-0db6dde9bcaf&tips=off
and I didn’t see the “Basket” familiar to people in the menu ...
The logic suggested that the company earns not on the functionality of its applications but on the fact that it will allow you to delete files but after registering on the site (https://lucid.app) which fit into the generally accepted world standards for increasing the client base.

But after registration it became clear that the company is not going to give the opportunity to delete files in the "Basket" / empty the "Basket" for free.

There has been speculation that the company is making money by taking money to simply delete visio files that have been posted without my consent!

But after a while it became clear that even if you pay money ... no one promises that the "Basket" button will appear moreover the lucid.app employees themselves do not understand how to clear the "Basket" itself. Money as I understand it is taken for sharing files.
That's why I wrote here to find out how it works in general ...

I know that there is a plan "Enterprise" on the site https://lucid.app/ but no one can explain what it gives ... the description of this plan does not include "Basket" / empty the basket. Here is a description of the plan below:

• Enterprise includes:
• Everything on Team
• Team folders
• Customizable document status
• SAML authentication
• IP address whitelisting
• Enforceable sharing restrictions
• Enforceable domain control
• Advanced data and automation
• Sales force integration

The company is similar to the one that is not able to make money on good functionality and is trying to figure out how to make money at least somewhere ... this is currently not much different as you understand from the fact that hackers archive files on a computer and then take money for that allow unzipping archives. These guys also do not earn on functionality as you understand my wonderful friend.
That's horrible!
Moreover I did not want and did not allow anyone to publish my files on the Internet ... who gave you such a right and if it was where was it written? Let's understand ... there is a feeling that because of this people are suffering all over the planet Earth in different countries ....
If you violate the license agreement you must give the opportunity to remove all files that have been published.

Regarding the question:
Letter 1 September - came. The title of the letter is "Welcome to Lucidchart!"
There was a desire to buy the Enterprise plan but I never bought it I hope it’s clear why from the text above.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Нагин

Thank you for getting back to me with that information and I can understand your concern. We deeply value user privacy and building a trusting relationship with our customers. For more information on security in Lucidchart please review our Privacy and Security Help Center article.

When you click "View All Support Tickets" in your account settings (in the bottom left-hand corner of your screenshot) do you see the support ticket I created regarding your issue?

Good afternoon
yes I saw the appeal ... answered it
I hope it is not public there ... because there I tell personalized data.
p.s.
I thought so too when I started using the confluence plugin
it turned out it was not so

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Нагин

Thank you for your reply. Yes Support tickets are a private email thread as opposed to this community page which is public.

Hello everyone community.
I solved all my problems through closed support. I can publicly say that the support turned out to be surprisingly responsive and solved all my problems in the end.
Naturally everyone who will read the text above has already understood my problem. I hope I highlighted the global level problem and it was solved / fixed / or just found out about it.
I can only wish you one. Check everything in test benches before posting important information in production.