Skip to main content

I want to use Lucidspark for brainstorming but sometimes I have so many collaborators that I want to group them into smaller groups for an initial brainstorming session then have them bring their best ideas back to the larger group. Is there any way I can organize the board so the smaller groups can have their own space to work?

Hi there thanks for posting in the community - great question! I recommend using Breakout Boards in Lucidspark for your brainstorming. This will give each group of collaborators a separate space where they can work with the rest of their group without being distracted by the work that other teams are doing. 

To create a Breakout Board open the Breakout Boards tool from the Primary Toolbar on the left.

This will open your Breakout Boards panel where you can create a separate board for each small group you want to have. Simply click the + Add New Breakout button to create and name your space for each group.

You might find it helpful to do this in advance before your collaborators join and you split them into groups. To facilitate brainstorming you can even pre-create content in these boards that your collaborators will see when they join the board. Below I’ve shown an example of this with the “Brainwriting” template. For more information about other brainstorming templates that you might find useful please take a look at the Lucidspark Launchpad and the Work with Templates article from the Lucid Help Center.

Once you’re ready to start brainstorming and your collaborators have joined your main Lucidspark board you can prompt them to join their corresponding Breakout Board by clicking “Start Breakout” in the Breakout Boards panel. This will cause the panel to open for all collaborators so they will simply need to click “join” on their corresponding board.

Once they’ve finished brainstorming and you’re ready to bring everyone back together click “Call Back” to return to the main board. To easily transfer the content from the Breakout Boards to the main board for further large group discussion you can choose the “Insert” option from a board’s menu to insert all content from that board into the main one. Alternatively you can simply copy and paste a selection of the objects in the breakout board onto the main board. 

I hope this helps! For more information please take a look at the Breakout Boards article from the Lucidchart Help Center.

¿Habla español? ¡Haga una pregunta aquí!

Fala português? Faça uma pergunta aqui!