Skip to main content

Hi Lucidchart gurus:)

I hope you have all the amazing day.

Can you please somebody help me with: How to merge two layers?

I have created 1 layer and then made a copy of it (seems now is sublayer) and I have no clue how to merge them (to clean up the mess ) :D

Any ideas? (I would like to get rid off Direct Charges and keep only Stripe Connect Niki layer - with all content)

Thank you very much

Hi Terra 

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! Unfortunately it’s not currently possible to merge two layers. You can however move or copy objects from the Direct Charges layer to the Stripe Connect Niki layer by entering the Direct Charges layer editing mode > right clicking the objects you’d like to move/copy > selecting the layer Stripe Connect Niki. 

Once you have moved/copied those objects you can then delete the Direct Charges layer by hovering over its tile > clicking the pen icon > selecting “delete” from the drop-down menu. Please make sure you have moved/copied all objects from that layer you’d like to keep as deleting a layer will delete all of that layer’s contents from your document. 

For more information on how to use layers to build out and organize your Lucidchart documents please check out our Create Multi-Layered Diagrams from the Lucidchart Help Center. Hope this helps!

Hi

Can I put in a vote for adding the option to merge layers? 

Seems like a pretty fundamental desire.

Hi Russell

Thanks for your post. To request this option please add it to our product feedback section of the community? Requests submitted here are passed on to our development team for their consideration. 

agree this would be really helpful to be able to do!

@shaunt Thanks for continuing this thread! We'd love to hear your specific thoughts via the feature request form if you've not shared there already - thank you!