Skip to main content

My need is to draw a matrix organizational chart. I'd like to use efficiently the dedicated Matrix Org chart template but it's not clear for me how to manage multiple managers for one employee (for instance an administrative manager and in addition a business / project manager)

Also how to model this properly in a separate sheet (Google Excel) that I could import ...

Thanks for your help

Hi Antoine

Thank you for posting in the Community! Unfortunately Lucidchart does not have a way to have one employee reporting to 2 managers within our Org Chart shapes. However you can draw a line from the employee to the additional manager. This will need to be done outside of the Org Chart editor (you can edit the Org Chart editor by pressing esc). 

First hover over the employee shape until you see the red dot. Then drag the line to the additional manager.

Please Note: if you are not seeing the red dot please check that line connections are turned on in your page settings.

File> Page Settings> Line Settings. 

Because of this the Google Sheet or Excel document can look as it normally would as described in our Org Chart Help Desk article

If you are still running into trouble please submit a support ticket with the URL of your document by emailing support@lucidchart.com

Hope this helps--Cheers!