Skip to main content

Hi everyone. I was able to add links to my diagram but I'm not sure how to click them? How do I click buttons and links in my document?

Hi Clifford thanks for posting in the Community! To view an external link in your document hold Command+Shift (if you’re using a Mac) or Control+Shift (if you’re using a PC) and click the link. A box with the URL will then appear and you can click the URL to navigate to the external link.

b5sy2Nla8uiP_1FZ8YouGg.gif

You can use the same hotkeys (Cmd+Shift+click) to activate other actions such as linking pages linking other Lucidchart documents or toggling layers. For more information check out our add an action or link to a shape article. Additionally if you ever need a quick reference for which hotkeys to use you can open a guide within Lucidchart by clicking Help in the menu bar then clicking Hotkey Shortcuts.

CZ_LJ5aqF6JJgZfyiIgqyA.png

If you’re using a Windows computer the Hotkey Shortcuts guide tells you exactly which keyboard buttons to click for each function. For a refresher on which Mac keyboard buttons correspond to keyboard symbols frequently appearing in the Hotkey Shortcuts guide for Mac users please see the images and descriptions below!

GbdUeRrc8SKyfm82MWQW9w.png