Skip to main content

I'd like to create a presentation that focus's on different areas for different slides and greys out non relevant items using Highlight Selected Shapes as shown in a tutorial video.

However as I can't seem to turn on the side panel I can't find the edit button. With slides open I select edit but it only offers Transition Insert Slide Before After etc. No highlight option. How do I get the panel visible and the highlight option?

Hi there 

Thanks for posting in the community and sorry for the delayed response. 

You can access presentation mode by clicking the down arrow next to the “Present” button at the top right of the editor and select either Add Slide or Edit Slides. When you click on add slide a container will appear on your canvas around the contents of the slide. To move the slide container to a different location on your canvas click and drag from the handle across the top of the slide.

ao5Ldeg9Ve9M1UZ4qeo9CQ.png

Please keep in mind however that this is a premium feature offered on Individual Team and Enterprise accounts. For more information you can refer to this article from our Help Center. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks. I was really looking for the highlight selected shapes functionality as described in the training video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWeKmuZ88js

I understand thanks for following-up. 

To use this feature create a slide that includes the shape you want to highlight select the shape and then click on the 3 dots next to the slide to select the "Highlight selected shape" option.