Skip to main content

I'm not sure why this is but in some diagrams when you have shapes in a swimlane and you widen/narrow a swimlane the content in the other swimlanes stay in their lanes; meanwhile sometimes in others this does not happen. Is there an option somewhere that can be set to enable this behavior? It is a real hassle when diagramming real-time with clients in a workshop to constantly be adjusting swimlanes and the contents when they are not moving with their lanes.

Thank you!

Hi Alexandra thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Swim lanes are automatically “magnetized” so that all of the shapes within them move together. It sounds like the behavior you described might be related to this (if some of your swim lanes have magnetization turned on and others have it turned off.)

You can disable this by selecting the swim lane and clicking the magnet symbol on the top-right edge of the editor. I also recommend checking out our Diagram with Swim Lanes article for more information about this (and other general tips on working with swim lanes).

If this information doesn't help would you mind providing a screenshot showing the issue you are describing? Hope this helps!

Wow thank you Emma ... I had the same problem as Alexandra now I know all I have to do is press ON the magnet icon to cause all objects to move with their swimlane - eureka!

Hey Richard -- we love to hear that this worked for you! Feel free to share your work here so we can celebrate this win with you! 

Cheers 🍻

Hi, 

I have tried magnetizing and it does not work. I need to create vertical and horizontal lanes and I would like to be able to resize both having the objets to move too.

I have managed to magnetize my objects to the vertical lanes but not to the horizontal. 

Thanks,

Ana

HI @Ana Moralo, thanks for continuing this thread! I see that you also created another post about this here - we’ll continue troubleshooting your specific issue there. Thanks!