Skip to main content

I have just completed my first flow chart in Lucidchart and I exported it to a PDF so that I could share with my colleague.  When he suggested an edit I went back to the flow chart in Lucidchart but it's not allowing me to modify anything about the shapes.  It also appears to have a blue line around it - almost like a frame that I am not aware I added.

The sheet isn't locked.

What should I try next?

Hi Ginger thanks for commenting in our community. When the blue line is around the shape that usually indicates that it is selected and ready to be edited. Check out our Help Center article about working with shapes and let me know if you have any questions. If you are experiencing issues while adjusting the shapes will you attach a screenshot so I can take deeper look?  

I understand the blue outline generally means to 'select'. However I am not able to 'select' the individual shapes in the flow chart. I can only select the entire thing.

Hi Ginger  when you double click on a single shape what happens to the blue outline? Could you try opening your document in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause? Could you also try connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable)? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility. 
If those don’t resolve the problem can you please send the following information so I can take a closer look?

• A screenshot of your mouse over a shape.

• A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

Thanks for your help and patience. 

I have to wait for my VPN session to expire to test on another network which I will do later.

I captured the output of the JavaScript after I recreated the issue but your interface is not allowing me to upload it.

Hi Ginger! It might work better if we try sharing information over email with our Support Team. Would you mind submitting a support ticket here?
You can include the information provided in this thread with the Javascript so we can take a closer look. Thanks for your patience and help!

Hi Whittney

I tried to open a ticket but our firewall has be locked out of it.

Hi Ginger! Can you reach out to us directly by email at support@lucidchart.com? We would be happy to help!