Skip to main content

As the boxes and lines gets more complex and overlapping each other I have a difficulty to easily read the relationship between the boxes. Below is an example if I am trying to see anything that is connected to the 2nd yellow box on the left it will be hard. Any advice?

Hi Ted

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! There are a few ways to adjust the lines or your chart to allow for a clearer view of the connections to/from a certain shape. Likely the best option is to place the connections and their related shapes on to different layers. Using layering you can toggle other layers to hide or be shown thus shown one shape and its connections. For more information about layering please take a look at this article in the Lucidchart Help Center.  

Alternatively you can adjust the format of the lines in your diagram to more clearly show which shapes are connected to each other. You can learn more about lines and line formatting here. Changing the formatting of the lines may help you better identify which shapes are connected. 

Lastly moving the individual boxes to create clearer connections and fewer overlaps may assist in following the existing connections. I recommend checking the above two links and attempting to layer your diagram or adjust the formatting of your lines as an initial adjustment. If you encounter any issues or if you have any questions please let me know!