Skip to main content

I can't bear it that I always drag a line when I want to resize or move an object. It is such an absurd feature an awful design as nearly 99% action are failed as I have to undo and redo it one or two times for every moving or resizing. 

Why does the UX designer think this feature much more important and prior than resizing and moving?

Hi @fei l

Thanks for posting in the community and apologies for the trouble you've been experiencing with lines! A helpful tip for resizing shapes is to hover over the resize indicators on the corners of a shape and make sure your cursor changes to the resize arrows.

These indicators on the edges of a shape and the cursor change signals that when you select the shape and drag it will change the size of the shape instead of drag a line out. 

If you want to create a line you can hover on the edge of a shape and the red dot will appear. Your cursor will change to the plus sign to prompt you to drag a line from a shape. 

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks for your fast and good feedback! 

It's useful but the problem is I have to slow down every action. 

1) I must carefully move cursor onto that spot especially on right the center of every side and wait for a moment to make sure I do not make it wrong. Slow + 1

2) I must click an object and then do the actions above otherwise that is if I directly move cursor on an object without clicking there will occur "drag line" rather than "resize" Slow +2.

That is why I suspect the designer thinks dragging is prior or more frequently than resizing I dislike its design. At least you should provide an option to users. I never think fast dragging connecting line is my pain point while resize is really most frequent actions.

Whatever I respect your design just please give me an option.

Hi @fei l

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and telling us a bit more about your experience. Our apologies for the frustration -- your ideas and opinions matter to us so I'll be passing along your feedback to our development team.

We appreciate you contributing your ideas and feedback in our community!