Skip to main content

I'm working with an organizational chart that includes multiple employees with the same name in different teams. For example:

• John - HR Admin
  • John - HR Benefits
  • Sarah - HR Benefits

I want to accurately count the total number of unique employees, regardless of their team assignments. In this case, the correct count should be 2 (John and Sarah).

Hi @ailih.lim, thanks for posting. You should be able to achieve this with the UNIQUE function nested within your COUNT formula, like this:

=COUNT(UNIQUE(CHILDREN."Name"))

Hope this helps!

Hi @Emma D, I've applied the formula, but the result is incorrect.

Example: John reports to multiple supervisors and works in various Team. I want John to be represented as one headcount in my Lucidchart Analysis. Please refer to the google sheet screenshot and create another formula for the scenario below.

My apologies- it looks like the aforementioned formula only works when you reference a custom data property on your org chart shapes. I’ve reached out internally for possible alternatives and will come back to you shortly. 

Hi @ailih.lim, it looks like this is a result of a bug on our end. However, as a workaround, you should be able to use the following formula instead:

=COUNT(UNIQUE(MAP(children.Name, x => ASSTRING(x))))

The underlying issue is with the way we handle linked data values in formulas. This workaround maps the linked data values with a conversion, thus allowing the UNIQUE function to work as expected.

Hopefully this helps, but please don’t hesitate to follow up if you have any further questions!