Skip to main content

In our org chart we have multiple tiers all of which do not have the same reporting structure some stop at tier 2 others drop two more tiers. There is one top tier (1person) not shown in the image. In order to format on 11x17 landscape I need to have the reports under Tiers 2 and 3 flow down and not across. How? Some are working this way some are not. Image shows red boxes and purple I'd like it to flow like the red flowing down. this is what I want to do with all of them. There is enough space to have the 4th tier flow to the right since not all tier have that lowest level.

Hi Lynne

Thank you for posting in the community. To help us take a closer look at the issue you are experiencing could you please submit a support ticket with the link to your diagram to support@lucidchart.com?

Thanks again for reaching out!

Hi Lynne. Just wondering if you found a way to do this? I have the same issue and the chart looks ridiculous with everyone going sideways for all the tiers.

Hoping that you have!

Belinda

Hi Belinda - No I never did get the org chart to print in landscape view and not need a reading glass to view. I did however find that changing the orientation created a readable document in portrait 11x17.  Hopefully this helps you.

Hi Lynn and Belinda

If you use the Vertical layout style for your org chart it's important to note that only employee shapes at the lowest level in the org chart hierarchy will be stacked vertically. The 'lowest level' of the org chart is always the level at which there are no more employees lower in the reporting structure:

Unfortunately there is currently no layout option which has employees at every level stacked vertically. However there are a few tips and tricks which might help you work around this.

If you would like to see tips on customizing your org chart check out this Community post (in English).

If you would like to have two employees at different levels reporting to the same supervisor check out this Community post (in English).

We're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. If you would like to  help us improve the org chart feature would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Thank you and let us know if you have any questions!